Contains inflated Boulton.
1. It’s BUDGET DAY! The excitement was palpable from the word go.
My budget preview – if you can be arsed http://t.co/cVKXbTSR9n
2. The day began with George Osborne quite literally promising to give us all a stronger pound.
12. This, by contrast, was just inevitable.
♫ I want to get fiscal, fiscal,I want to get fiscal,lets get into fiscal,let me hear your budget talk ♫
14. The fact nothing much was happening obviously didn’t stop the media coverage from being ridiculous.
The BBC is covering #Budget2014 with a helicopter – just in case it ends in a high speed car chase.
BBC / Alan White / BuzzFeed
16. Then Adam Boulton thought this was a good idea for some reason.
22. He opened up with a solid gold ZINGER, apparently.
Magna Carta 'fells unimaginably distant. A weak leader, who came to the top after betraying his brother, running a gang of unruly barons…'
That Magna Carta joke was v Osborne, his brand of humour
Didn't see the Magna Carta gag at Miliband's expense coming. Good stuff #Budget2014
25. The opposition were captivated.
Jim Waterson / BuzzFeed
26. There now follows a breakdown of the important bits of the Chancellor’s speech.
It will be illustrated by increasingly less relevant GIFs.
27. Bingo duty halved to 10% / Tax on fixed odds betting terminals raised to 25%.
28. Duty on Scotch whisky to be frozen/Beer duty to be cut by 1p a pint.
29. That’s a whole £1.30 a year, people.
Twitter: @hmtreasury / Alan White / BuzzFeed
30. And changes to the welfare cap, a new ISA and a change to the higher rate tax threshold all of which will have to be represented with this GIF.
31. Ed Miliband then got up and attacked the Chancellor while Nick Clegg talked to Danny Alexander about the state of the ceiling in the House of Commons.
32. Let’s just take a moment to acknowledge Deputy Speaker Lindsay Hoyle was quite funny although the bar was pretty low.
Let's hope @Ed_Miliband has been checking Twitter and so knows exactly what to think about the budget, instantly