1. Your boss says they’re tired because their baby kept them up all night and you’re like:
2. You’re WAY more excited by your paycheck than your co-workers.
3. The way you talk changes IMMEDIATELY upon entering the office.
Because no one would understand you.
4. And you have little (if any) real work experience.
5. Sometimes your co-workers seem to speak in riddles.
“Yeh, could we hurry up the backfill because I’m gonna be offline until I sort out this vertical.”
6. When you go out for “office drinks” you worry about being asked for I.D.
7. Everyone is married and all you have is your dog.
8. You’re afraid to talk about “what you did over the weekend.”
9. Everyone talks to each other via email and you’re expected to comply.
EVEN WHEN THEY’RE RIGHT NEXT TO YOU.
10. You want to impress so you volunteer for EVERYTHING.
And more often than not it comes back to hurt you.
11. Even if you don’t know what you’re doing, you become the “resident expert” on technology.
12. You can’t stop stealing stationery.
13. You have the attention span of a 20-year-old.
Because you’re 20 years old.
15. And when your co-workers get emotional about turning 30, 40, 50, etc., you’re just like:
16. You’re not even ready to dream of retirement.
So. Far. Away.